30 June, 2022
Dubai FDI Annual Report: UAE Tops the World
Dubai FDI Annual Report 2021 revealed some healthy and positive insights about the economic performance of Dubai in attracting FDI.
Dubai ranked first globally in Greenfield FDI project attraction in 2021; up from the third-place last year, with a staggering 418 Greenfield FDI projects, according to data from the Financial Times Ltd. “fDi Markets”, the world’s leading source of data on greenfield FDI projects.
The key highlights:
- 1st in Middle East and North Africa region (MENA) and 3rd Globally on FDI capital inflows
- FDI Capital flows exceed AED 26 billion in 2021, with a growth rate of 5.5% compared to 2020
- FDI job creation witnessed a significant increase of 36 % in 2021 compared to 2020, with an estimated 24,868 jobs created in 2021, compared to 18,325 jobs in 2020.
- 1st in MENA and 10th Globally on Venture Capital FDI projects
- 1st in MENA and 5th Globally on job creation through Greenfield
- Dubai attracted 43 Headquarters (HQ) FDI projects in 2021, leading the regional ranking of the category and ranking second globally behind Singapore, surpassing major cities such as London and New York
Dubai’s regional and global prominence in FDI attraction indicators, revealed the strong fundamentals of Dubai’s investment environment that have proved time and again the efficiency, resilience, stability, and sustainability of Dubai’s economy despite global challenges.
To leverage the economic growth story and attractiveness of Dubai, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org